Hello,
Week 3 was very productive. I read very useful
articles about aural /oral skills, surfed a lot of interesting sites, created
Delicious site, explored Project works. I think about my Project and how to do
this Project without students (I'll see them in October). May be I can invite
them to take part by e-mail. Not all, but some of them may agree to take part
in the project. May be yes? May be not? I'll try... It's 2 a.m. in Arkhangelsk.
Time for sleeping. And 2 p.m. (Oregon time).
Good afternoon!
Hello Marina,
ReplyDeleteThis week has brought a lot of work as well as a lot of information. I have been thinking about my final project, and like you, there are several ideas already taking shape in my mind.
One thing I enjoyed a lot was creating my Delicious page. The fact that there were some suggested links already there had a lot to do with my response to the task. But also, it was really easy to add some of the links that we were given on the course website and, as Donna suggested, it will be helpful to store them on Delicious to keep them for later use.
Your idea about inviting your future students to take part in your project may work, depending on how motivated they are and how responsible they can be about their learning. Maybe the creation of a blog where all can post comments could be useful, don't you think? Well, I'm sure that you will sort it out in time. In my case, I am pondering whether to focus on my next class which is a test preparation course--I am thinking of the aspect of developing listening skills, or to prepare something related to a more general concern I have for my fall semester: improving my students' conversation skills. ... Perhaps we both need to sleep on it to get clearer ideas in the morning, right?
Ah! If I may, a comment. In your profile I read that, as a child, you wanted to become a magician in order to speak with the sea, and you still want to become a magician. Let me share my take on what we teachers do in a classroom everyday: BIG MAGIC!! :)
I believe that the fact that our students trust us to guide them in their learning of something so complex as a foreign language is due to the magic we practice in class everyday. We bring to their grasp not only vocabulary, grammar, and expressions English natives use, but also we make them take a look at the bigger picture out there: the world of non-native speakers of English who communicate by means of that fantastic language.
If that is not magic, what is? ;)
Cheers,
Maria
Hi Marina
ReplyDeleteYes, we did great things this week, we read many articles, designed our delicious pages, and started thinking about our projects.
I like your blog and read your profile. It is very nice to live near the sea and to have a chance and walk along the beach. I can see that you become so creative having a desire to become a magician. We as teachers do magic tricks with our learners to enable them to acquire the language and to learn in a proper way. Think about the different activities that we do every day with our learners inside classrooms ,don't you think that ,in a way, that is magic???
Nada
Hi Marina,
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere on the class website that if we are not teaching a class now, we can prepare a Plan Report. Maybe you could try doing something like that.
Anna